2018 GT12 CONSTRUCTION RULES
CHASSIS AND COMPONENTS
- Only commercial available GT12 cars are allowed, currently there are only 4 manufacturers, Schumacher, Zen, Mardave and Ore.
- Maximum width of rolling chassis is 165mm. Wheelbase is 196mm minimum and 208mm maximum.
- No external bumpers are permitted, although internal bumpers designed to minimise injury/damage to other cars may be fitted. Rigid bumpers made from non-resilient material (e.g. metal) are not allowed.
- Any commercially available Lexan bodyshell specific to the GT12 Class are allowed (see below for a list of those, and also pictures of the 4 most popular ones)
- The bodyshell must remain securely fastened to the chassis whilst the car is on the track.
- Bodyshells are to be painted, with a clear windscreen (unless actual car did not have a clear windscreen) and any side/rear windows.
- Wheel wells/arches must be cut out (if on original car) and may not be more than 10mm larger than tyre diameter.
- Only one wing is allowed on the car with a maximum width of 165mm and chord of 50mm,unless the original car had more than one wing. The second wing must be to scale within 10% in size and location.
- The wing must be non-metallic, commercially available and securely fixed.
No part of the chassis or equipment may extend beyond the body except for aerial masts, rear diffuser (if fitted) and up to 4 posts for mounting the bodyshell.
- Only one drive motor is allowed per car, with drive to the rear (2) wheels.
- Only flexible aerial masts/tubes to be used.
- Reverse is not permitted.
- Brushless motors are of a maximum of 13.5 and powered by a 1s Lipo hard cased battery with a maximum nominal voltage of 3.7v (3.8v for the HV versions)
- Speed controllers for the brushless motors to be set in ‘BLINKY mode (no form of automatic/programmable timing function enabled. Those without such function and senseless speed controllers are allowed.
- Brushed motors to be of the G2 2010 (tin can) type and powered by cells with a maximum nominal voltage of 4.8v.
- Speed controllers for these are without the brushless restrictions.
WHEELS & TYRES
- Wheel rim diameter 40mm maximum.
- Tyres must be a minimum width of 20mm and maximum of 26mm.
- Wheel nuts/axles must not protrude more than 2mm beyond the outer edge of the wheels.
- No more than 1.5mm of wheel outer side May be exposed (not covered by the tyre rubber) on the outer edge of the wheel.
- Tyre additive may be used providing it is non-toxic, odourless and any excess is removed from the surface of the tyres ( i.e. ‘touch dry' prior to putting on the track)
- Minimum weight is 950 grams, ready to race, including transponder.
- Minimum ground clearance is 3mm under chassis and body, 1mm at the spur gear.
Lotus GT1 (part no. GT01 Ascari GT3 (part no.GT02)
Aston Martin (part no. GT03) Type F (Ferrari) (part no. GT04)
Porsche GT3 (part no. GT05)
Lotus GT1 (part no. V140) Ascari GT3 (part no. V151)
Aston Martin (part no.V160) GT2 (part no. V131)
Porsche (part no. V113) Ginetta (part V161)
Penguin Custom Bodyshells
Lambo GT12 (part no. PEN01)
McLaren P1 (part no. 60909)
McLaren (part no. PBGT02) Nissan NSX (part no. PBGT01)
McLaren (M12) (part no. #1613-30)
Audi R8 (part no. G903)
The most popular bodyshells are:-
Kamtec Porsche GT3
Phat Bodies McLaren
Download a copy of The 2018 GT12 Construction Rules