Booking In and RC Cars
- Members can book in on-line for the Friday at 12 noon on Monday, Non-Members 12 noon Wednesday. Booking in forms can be found on the website and in the pinned post at the top of the Facebook page. If non-members book in prior to 12 noon Wednesday then they will be removed from the list.
- Booking in will close at 12 noon on Thursday. At this point Race Control will assess if there is a need to drop a heat of a class in order to accommodate the reserves of another class. For buggies it will be if there are 27 or less and for GT12 if 10 or less. This will occur for Championship and Fun nights.
- If a driver books in and does not let a Committee Member know prior to 12 noon on Thursday that they are unable to attend, then whether a member or non-member they will not be able to book in until 9am Thursday on the following week.
- Book In to Race Control when requested.
- Deadline for booking in is 7:00 pm.
- If you are unable to make it before 7pm, please notify a member of the Management Committee or pass on a message through friends
- A driver is only allowed to race in one class on any race night
- It is the driver’s responsibility to ensure their correct transponder number (or crystal) has been allocated.
- Normal race format of the night will be 3 heats, best heat time used for final grid placing unless notified otherwise
- Cars allowed to race are:-
- 1/10th scale off road, open wheeled buggy’s (no monster truck or large bodied buggy’s)
- 1/12th scale on-road, closed wheel circuit cars (e.g. Schumacher GT12 or Atom)
- Cars are not allowed on the track until notified by race control that the track is open
- Cars MUST be fitted with a secure Body & Gear Case Cover when racing, NB: if either of these items become detached or is NOT fitted you MUST REMOVE your car from the track
- Reverse must not be used on any car from 1 January 2018
- Transmitter Aerials which are of a Metal Telescopic Type MUST have the tip covered to prevent eye injury to others
Driving Standards and Etiquette (see separate racing etiquette sheet for guidance)
- Only racing your own time in heats, not other drivers – let faster drivers pass
- No verbal aggression towards other drivers or aggressive driving
- Do not rev car when being marshalled or car will be left alone or removed from the track
- Do not step off the front of the rostrum (only move off at the back)
- Drivers must not go on track during a race
- No shouting at marshals
- Only Marshals wearing high visibility vests are permitted on the track during racing
- Do not drive on the wooden floor – wait for a marshall
- Try not to hit the piping as it needs to be repaired
- Do not stand/walk on the jumps
- Do not cut the track – penalties can be applied
- Lipo bags/sacks must be used for all battery charging
- If using a leisure battery, ensure it isn’t placed directly on the wooden floor
- Sand / fire blankets will be used if there is a fire but this may be too late to prevent harm to people close by
- This will be self-policing – if a marshal isn’t at their post when racing starts then drivers will need to take it up with person who didn’t take the position (or the respective buggy / GT12 rep) – not race control
- Marshal as you would like to be marshalled – keep eye on track, no mobiles, no talking to others, no sitting down
- Do not marshal your own car
- Adults must marshal with the young ones (i.e. under 8 yrs)
- All marshals must wear yellow hi-viz jackets
- Be aware that your safety must always come before marshalling a car
- Foyer must not be used to play in, only to access the toilets
- You must not pit in front of the fire doors or past the barrier line
- Additive / Glue
- Additive to be wiped off with a rag or piece of carpet (to spin tyres up on) NOT ON TRACK
- Do not put rag / carpet on floor so it marks floor or is stood on and then that is transferred around floor
- Aerosol containers MUST NOT be used (in accordance with Section 3 Item 3 of the Wellfield College LCC Fire Risk Assessment)
- Spillages – ask race control for cloths to clean up (if spills continues and not cleaned up then drinks will no longer be available in hall)
- There must be no smoking anywhere on the school site (including E-Cigs) – any smoking must be outside of the school grounds
- Don’t deposit your used cigarette ends at the school gate – use a suitable bin off-site. Normal littering rules apply
- Alcohol is not permitted to be consumed anywhere on the school site
- Dispose of your own rubbish in the bin provided.
- If a bin is full, please notify a member of the Management Committee
- Ball games are NOT permitted in or around the school site
- The club DOES NOT have insurance to cover activities other than Radio Control Car Racing
- Children MUST be supervised by a parent or guardian at all times
- Children MUST be kept away from the track
- Children are NOT permitted to run around the race hall or in the school corridors
If in doubt, please don’t hesitate to ask a committee member
Committee members will be watching during the evening and drivers will be warned of any breaches to the rules.
If the behaviour continues, penalties and / or warnings will be given in line with the club’s disciplinary procedure.
Download a copy of The Club Rules